Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lamb Biriyani - Dhs 55, Zafran - Mirdif City Center

Lamb and chicken Biriyani
Here i am again writing after a long time.  Its my first visit to Zafran - Contemporary Indian Cuisine.

Lamb Biriyani - Lamb with mint, cardamom, caramelised onion and saffron basmati rice. Chicken Biriyani - Boneless chicken cooked oriental spices with saffron basmati rice.

To begin with it's indian but not spicy. This restaurant is more focused on tourists. so don't expect it to be authentic. Perfect biriyani for my son rather. Ambience was nice (family oriented, quiet). More arabs were in while I was there. The lamb biriyani tasted much better than chicken biryani. Overall the biryani had less flavour and no spice at all. They give you a pickle(you might need to ask them) which helped. I forgot to take the picture of the pickle but I would hight recommend to ask for it if they didn't serve you cause their pickle was interesting to me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop in a comment and The Man behind the blog should get back to you shortly.